Week 4

The next thing we are going to do is start a small project. You will be assigned a Middle Eastern country to research and create a PowerPoint. You will have 3 class periods to work on it. For this assignment, I want to see what your current PowerPoint skills are like. Later this semester I will teach you the Do’s and Don’t of PowerPoint. If you have never used PowerPoint before, I have a basic tutorial video that you may watch. It just teaches you the bare basics.  You can access it on the Video (V) Drive>Osborne>Computer Tutorials> PowerPoint Basics.

You need to open this document to find out what country you have assigned to you and to find out what the directions are for the project: Middle East Project

***Tip*** When you find your pictures for your country, don’t just copy and paste them. Save the pictures. It helps keep the file size of your PowerPoint down and it also makes it to where if you need to find the picture again, it’s easy because you have it saved.

To save a picture:

-Right click on the picture

-Click “Save image as”

-Save it to your H Drive

To put the picture in your PowerPoint:

-Click the “Insert” tab at the top of the screen

-Click “Picture”

-Find the picture you saved to your H Drive

RESOURCES:

You can use Google for the assignment, but here are a few resources you might want to use that can help you:

Culture Grams    Click on Asia and then select whichever country you have been assigned.

CIA Factbook    Click inside of the box that says, “Select a country or location”. Scroll through until you find your country.

I have a Word document that has some good information about each of the countries below. You will definitely want to read this. Click on your country to download it.

Iraq handout

IRAN – notes

SAUDI ARABIA – notes

Afghanistan notes

Qatar and UAE

Israel

Syria